SHARE YOUR EXPERIENCES & HOPES FOR DOWNTOWN INDY’S PUBLIC SPACES.
UPLOAD A SELFIE, MESSAGE, VIDEO OR AUDIO
🚨 A FEW NOTES BEFORE YOU SUBMIT ‼️
- Heads up! – Your submission will be viewed by the public, including kids. Be honest, but be courteous. *(Click here to review the submission guidelines.)
- Racism / classism of any kind will not be accepted; even the thinly veiled. Just…don’t. *(Again, click here to review the submission guidelines.)
- IT’S OK TO USE YOUR PHONE! Sharing photos & videos from your phone is fine! (Just record horizontally!) Here are some more tips to make it a success.
- We at least need your first initial and zip code. If you would like info on the video project to be aired at a spring 2022 event, please also provide an email or phone number.
- Not sure what to share? We’ve compiled a list of prompts here.
- Have a lot to share? Great! Feel free to submit multiple times.
EXAMPLE SUBMISSION: A couple of years ago, I was running along the Canal one day, when the the idea struck me for my business. If anything, the place is inspiring. All of the activity I saw made me to want to improve my community through architecture.
You can answer the questions below 👇, or just tell us a story. Feel free to be open, bold, and candid. For this project to work, we need your real and honest voice!
Leave a selfie with a note about your love for your favorite downtown space. Or maybe it’s a video of you sharing about Monument Circle and why you do or don’t visit. No visuals on hand? Send in a paragraph or story about memorable experiences downtown – either good or bad. Ready? GO!
- Tell us about your most recent (or memorable) experience at one of the four locations (Monument Circle, the Canal, Lugar Plaza, or Georgia Street). Was it a good time? Were there challenges?
- Do these spaces feel like they’re part of “your” city—a place for you and your family and friends? Why or why not?
- Have your feelings or opinions about these downtown spaces changed over time? If so, what has happened?
- Where is your favorite public place to hang out downtown? Why?
- What are your hopes for the future of these spaces?
- Pick a location (Monument Circle, The Canal, Georgia Street or Lugar Plaza) – what would need to happen for this space to become where you would want to go?
- What do you love about the culture of Indianapolis? What makes you proud to live here? Do these spaces reflect those values?
Our goal is to amplify your voice. Your story. Your experience.
Downtown Indianapolis’ public spaces should reflect the Indianapolis we all share. Your perspective fuels the accountability needed to ensure equitable respect is given to all of us.